For orders contact heritagedesigns@live.com



You can also find us on FaceBook!

Monday, August 13, 2012

A life to be celebrated, no matter how small.


My precious little one,

Today was the day your Daddy and I expected you to arrive.  You were taken from us too soon.  Your life was too short, but it is a life to be celebrated!  I thank God every day for the opportunity to have you as long as I did. 
I dream of you often, in my sleep and also when I am awake. I see you in a place of no hurt, no pain, just continuous love brought by the Father, playing at the feet of Jesus and listening to His infinite wisdom.  His voice must be so beautiful and my human ears cannot even fathom the incredible laugh he must have.  I see you with your brother or sister.  He or she guides you and shows you every vast inch of Heaven and how things there operate, just like your brother here would if you were still with us.  I dream of you and can almost imagine exactly how you look, your hair, your face. 
Words cannot express how much I miss you and how much you mean to me.  My arms long to hold you and I ache for you daily.  I know there is a greater purpose than my human eyes can see for all that has happened, but I long to know why you are not here with us and I hope to find out just a small portion of that while I am still here on Earth.  I feel robbed, I am bitter, I am angry, I am jealous, I am empty at times, I cannot seem to muster the strength to find joy, but I try hard, as I know you would want me to.  I wonder why this had to happen to our family.  Why did you have to leave?  I praise God for your brother, as his beautiful smile and innocence keep me going.  I wish you could have met him.  He is incredible and would have loved you more than anything.
I am so thankful for the time we got, even though it was short, and most of all I am joyful that one day I will get to meet you.  Just after I see my Savior’s face and bow in worship and awe of Him I promise you I will find you and hold you and your Daddy will hold your brother or sister and we will keep doing that until they make us stop.  I will make up for the time I have lost.
Thank you, little one, even your short time with us was a blessing and we offer praise to our Father for that.  I long to hold you and feel your embrace and I am so blessed to know I will do that one day when my mission here, whatever that may be, is complete.
Love you,
Mommy



The past several months have been difficult.  We have had so many wonderful things happen, but in the forefront of my mind remains the fact that we lost a child in miscarriage.  I found out the day before we moved to Texas. 
I miscarried very, very early, but what little time we received was a blessing. 
I can choose to be an angry, bitter, hurt, and yes, jealous, and I am at times.  My heart longs for another child and seeing or hearing newborns can be difficult for me and I need Grace.  I don’t expect people to understand, just please know it is common for people who are dealing with this loss.  I can be all of these things… OR, I can make a choice to fall, head first into the wide-open arms of a loving Savior who comforts me despite of my anger and bitterness, and who gives me a Peace that transcends all understanding.  I have to make this choice daily and I am human so I often fail, but when I do choose Peace, there is serenity like none I have known.  I do not wish bad things to happen to you, but I do hope that everyone who reads this can one day understand what it is like to be completely enveloped in the everlasting love of Jesus Christ as I have known.  I can’t explain it, words are not sufficient, but when you experience it you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt. 
I am so thankful for the things I have been blessed to learn through these trials.  I know several reasons why I was allowed the first time.  I gained far more compassion for my fellow man and I have learned exactly what I feels like to be completely enveloped in grace and mercy by my Savior.  There are several others, but those are the biggest ones.  I urge you, if you are going through or have gone through some struggles to try to learn what good can come from it.  What can you do to use your trial to make the world a little better and maybe even help people draw nearer to our Savior? 

Much happier posts coming!  :)  Remember, joy comes in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment